A leader in the wire and cable industry, Deca Cables offers a wide array of products produced in a sustainable, environmentally responsible manner.
Our manufacturing processes, have an inherent environmental impact through the consumption of resources and the generation of waste. We seek to minimize these impacts and to go beyond meeting minimum requirements through environmental management systems and continuous improvement.
While optimizing raw material usage, we have been proactively finding other ways to reduce Deca's environmental footprint, by:
- curbing water and energy use
- increasing energy efficiency
- improving effluent quality
- reducing air emissions
- reducing the quantities of waste sent to landfills
Ontario Toxics Reduction Act
The Ontario Ministry of the Environment has introduced an act as part of its Toxics Reduction Strategy. The new Ontario Toxics Reduction Act aims to prevent pollution and protect human health and the environment by reducing the use and creation of toxic substances.
The act requires regulated facilities to:
- Track and quantify the toxic substances that they use and create
- Develop plans to reduce the use and creation of these substances
- Make summaries of their plans available to the public
For more information on the Toxics Reduction Act, visit the Ontario Ministry of the Environment website.
- Ontario Toxics Reduction Act - Deca 2011 Annual Report
- Ontario Toxics Reduction Act - Deca 2012 Annual Report
- Ontario Toxics Reduction Act - Deca 2013 Annual Report
- Ontario Toxics Reduction Act - Deca 2014 Annual Report
- Ontario Toxics Reduction Act - Deca 2015 Annual Report
- Ontario Toxics Reduction Act - Deca 2016 Annual Report
- Ontario Toxics Reduction Act - Deca 2017 Annual Report
- Ontario Toxics Reduction Act - Deca 2019 Annual Report
Deca Makes PPE Donation to Frontline WorkersRead More
Deca earns Platinum Club Status with Canada's Best Managed Companies ProgramRead More
Our products and services will be the best in terms of value received for dollars paid. We will deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. Every employee will be responsible for “quality” of whatever they do.
We are dedicated and committed to satisfying our customers. We believe in respecting our customers, listening to their requests and understanding their expectations. We strive to exceed their expectations in affordability, quality and on-time delivery.
We provide Leadership as a Company and as Individuals
Deca Cable’s leadership is founded on talented employees effectively applying advanced technology, innovative manufacturing and sound business management. We add more value at lower cost with faster response. We each lead through our competence, creativity and teamwork.
We act with Integrity in all that we do
We are each personally accountable for the highest standards of behaviour, including honesty and fairness in all aspects of our work. We fulfill our commitments as responsible citizens and employees. We will consistently treat customers and company resources with the respect they deserve.
We Value Deca’s People
We treat one another with respect and we take pride in the significant contributions that come from the diversity of individuals and ideas. Our continued success requires us to provide the education and development needed to help our people grow. We are committed to openness and trust in all relationships.
We Regard our Suppliers as Essential Team Members
We owe our suppliers the same type of respect the we show to our customers. Our suppliers deserve fair and equitable treatment, clear agreements and honest feedback on performance. We consider our suppliers’ needs in conducting all aspects of our business.